Monday, August 13, 2007

Cameroon Highlands 10/8-12-8

The last of my planned 3 trips before the semester began was this Cameroon Highlands ride.


We reached early, of course. Pfff!! Had my first speeding ticket on the NSH. They must be clocking quota for year end bonus. Half of our team got speeding tickets for various speeds. The conversation after the roadblock went like this.
Officer "You speeding ah."

Me "Huh. Really ah?"
Officer "You speeding... 139km/h.

Me "No lah Sir, why got so fast" (Me thinking: No way! Where got so slow?).

Officer "Before that..." (I dun remember which point along the highway he said.)
Me " Eh Sir, this one pay where ah?" (I was thinking... Eh bro, pay here can not? :) )
Officer "You go back that time, at the immigration checkpoint then pay."

Me "Eh Sir pay at checkpoint ah?" (I was thinking... 50 Ringgit now can not huh?)

Officer "No no... Checkpoint then pay"

Me "Oh.. ok.. Thanks" (Tang Gu Gu)(wait long long)

Officer "Going where? KL ah?"

Me "Ya, going Cameroon." (Thinking about faking my home address on the ticket)

I'm not sure why, but somehow the team dropped by the Pomelo stalls in Ipoh. I met Ah Ying and Xian
Xian again, and she actually remembered me although it was a month ago that I went there with Endless and Spectrum. Haha..

By 6pm we reached Cameroon Highlands. We just had to stop to take a couple pics on the way up. Beautiful mountainous scenery. The temperature dropped to about 18 degrees celsius at night. Even in the day it was pretty cold. Rain coats make good heat insulators. PS: I did not bring any thermal wear. Sobs...Thumbs up.
Having steamboat with cold beer justs warms one up.We stayed in one of these.
Ah.. We call this the Alan pose. Team pic outside the Boh tea planatation.
The tea factory.
I think I'm starting to appreciate the aroma of this tea. Michael and Carin joined us on day two coming up from Ipoh. We also met a couple of Storm Riders at the apartments we stayed in.
Nice little strawberries.
Cactus plant farm at Cameroons.
Rode back on Sunday morning and the team reached Singapore safely at 6 plus. Yet another safely completed trip with MotoV... Hmm... Now I can begin the semseter.

No comments:

Odometer: 115000km on the road

Last Updated 25/11/09