Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Prep for Halfway Up 1-Melecca Test Run

In my mirrors I saw her machine gyrating violently from side to side, in what must have been eternity to her, but which in fact was a mere second or two, before she went down. It was the classic example of a tankslapper-caused by virtually nothing-in her case she was cruising on a dry straight road at 130km/h with no sand, debris or oil. I braked to a stop onto the emergency lane without regard for my own safety anymore. The only thing I wanted to do was to get to her to render assisntance. It was Debbie's first tour after all.

What was supposed to have been an easy first test run for Fizzy on the North South Highway in preparation for December's major tour turned out to be the most sombre 150km ride home with a bleeding Debbie on my back. It was a straight evac to NUH for medical attention while the rest of the lads fussed over the recovery of her bike. I did my thanks in the forum of course. It was a blessing to have them around. Read S4 Dreamer's account of Paintball in Melecca. Its a miracle she was fine. This woman has a very high threshold for pain too. She wasn't even limping when she alighted at the hospital!

So... apart from tweaking Fizzy a little here and there, this test run allowed me to understand her better-about what needs more tweaking. It seems my will and crown jewels need a little more tweaking now too, but I should be fine come December. The roads which are impassable now, will hopefully be passable as the next dry and cold season up north approaches. In the course of the story, it will be revealed why the tour's called Halfway Up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, u planning another solo ride to Thailang???

Kelvin Cai said...

Yup Zamani, I'm planning another solo ride. Hopefully it will be beyond Thailang.

Ti§h said...

My god, hope ur friend is ok and recovering well!!!

Odometer: 115000km on the road

Last Updated 25/11/09