Saturday, July 26, 2008

Goodbye Super 4, Hello Fizzy

With my right hand on the throttle, I stroked the fuel tank with my left. The realization that a part of myself was sold together with the good old steed sunk in gradually on my last few rides. I have obtained my class 2 license and with it, a new ride. Perhaps the pursuit of a dream means more than achieving it to me. The latter is only the icing on the cake. That I had to leave the super 4 in its wake is inevitable. I can only hope her new owner treats her well. The memories of taking my good old steed to central thailand alone will always remain in my distant memories, a place where man and machine welded together and weaved a journey. Goodbye Vtec 1.


I straddled the new ride into her home, nuzzling her fierce looking face and promised to undo the neglect her previous and only owner heaped onto her sinfully. This 4 year old ride is a beauty. Just today a litre sportbike rider pulled up alongside me, sized her up, leaned over and said "Nice pipe!" Fizzy is certainly the centre of attraction as she goes. Any takers guessing her make and model?
Will be uploading pics of my new ride soon *wink*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If im in the situation of the owner of this blog. I dont know how to post this kind of topic. he has a nice idea.

Anonymous said...

Its very impressive. I think its ok if we repost this blog.


jumbo loan

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing the new ride is a yamaha fz6 or fz1... but are they even legal in thailand?

Anonymous said...

should be ok in thailand? I'm not sure. As a Singaporean I import the vehicle into thailand when I ride there and export it as I leave.

Ti§h said...

I can understand the feeling of letting go the bike which has brought u to places and always be there when u need to use it.

Welcome to the class 2 world..... grats on ur class 2 and hope u enjoy ur new bike!!

Odometer: 115000km on the road

Last Updated 25/11/09