Saturday, February 16, 2008

The calm before the storm-D Day 22/2 Friday 10am

Today I went to change currency at Junction 8. As I parked my motorcycle, an uncle came up to me to asking for help. It must have been a test from a higher power, or God if you are Christian or Catholic. I pushed uncle's bike and there was an almost hlarious situation when he was just short of ploughing into a car. All this while the long string of people queuing for 4D beside us were looking on, as we swopped and I gun his engine in one try. There I was, gloriously sitting on uncle's super4 low revving his throttle to keep the engine from seizing. It felt good helping a stranger. Lets just hope a higher power wasn't hinting to me I didn't know much about the rest of the bike, other than electricals. I don't deal well with mechanics.

In a way this solo trip is about finishing what I set out to do 2 years ago, reconciling my original reason for riding, my dreams and a passion for riding, translated into reality. Throughout this period touring with my MotoV mates have taught me many valuable and funny lessons, like not putting your spare key in your locked box, riding, safety and basic repairs.

Somehow I think it will feel awesome once I start riding. Then the focus will shift to all the good things riding is about. Freedom.

The calm before the storm. Come quickly, D Day. Let the ride begin.

No comments:

Odometer: 115000km on the road

Last Updated 25/11/09