Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Has Been a Jolly Good Year

Perhaps its the final moments of 2008 that made me want to look back on the year; more specifically, the last 2 hours, before I usher in the new year with new hopes. 2008 has been a jolly good year because in chronological order:

1. Feb-I mounted my first solo motorcycle tour to central thailand. That was a major psychological barrier for me, a test of independence, and a touring milestone.

2. May-I travelled Sydney and Canberra in Australia. That wasn't the best travelling experience, but the sights were memorable.

3. June-I got together with Debbie, and life's been jolly good ever since.

4. July-I passed the class 2, and was thus finally done with aquiring all 3 motorcycle and car licenses. Goodbye SSDC. You have taught me well. I will always rerember the instructors, including the fat one whom I snatched my booklet from when I lost my patience back in 2B days.

5. July-I bought the Fazer 6 and continued enjoying riding on the road everyday (almost).

6. October-My role changed from administrative to instructive during the HOV motorcycle safety course Endlessloop conducts. That was a major milestone for me. I look forward to working with my shifu in advocating motorcycling safety. Debbie and I also mounted out first tour together, and I'm looking forward to a more exciting tour calender in the year ahead.

7. Dec-I didn't fail my Forensics Science module, which I was pretty certain I would. That was a real breather. Debbie and I also mounted our first Thai tour, and that was a major milestone for us as a team.

With an hour left before 2008 expires, I shall lie back in bed and think about what I want to achieve in the year ahead. 2008 has been a jolly good year, and I expect an even more exciting 2009 ahead. Wishing all a Happy New Year, and may your resolutions all come true :)

No comments:

Odometer: 115000km on the road

Last Updated 25/11/09