Wednesday, November 12, 2008

HOV, Melecca & Camerons

Its seems I've been doing those mountain roads for fun. Its my 4th trip up in one a half years. What was supposed to be an overnight steamboat hit and run spontaneously became a pre-steamboat stopover at Melecca first. Instead of leaving on Sunday, Debbie and I left on Saturday after the HOV Motorcycling meetup I co-organised with my shifu, Endlessloop.

Endless presenting again

A huge turnout of 20 participants left us short handed.

This HOV meetup marked the first time my role switched from administrative assistance to instructing. The first 2 batches of convoys were led by Endless, while the last convoy was led by me. My convoy however, was split up and out of 6 participants I led out, only 1 returned with me. Later, I heard some of the lost sheeps went to town instead. I better plan something better next time.
Anyways, back to the tour, Debbie and I hastily packed out stuffs and set off from 2nd link at 7pm.

A 2 hour night ride placed us in Melecca. A little bit of asking around and we were in the main town area. Some pics from the morning before we headed up Camerons.


So we hit the roads in earnest. Deb's on the open highway.

Camerons on the way up.

This is my favourite pic of Deb's before we tucked in.

Calling Takumi, this what u were looking forward to? :p

It started raining and we decided to turn in early. The next morning the Boh tea plantation turned out to be closed. So folks, don't go there on a Monday. They're closed. We did go get some strawberries though, after the wanton mee breakfast. A must have at the peak.


Since we went up on the easy Simpang Pulai route, we took the Tapah route down.
Me kupping corner on Fizzy.

Tapah Waterfall


This tour marked a new milestone for Debbie, and we covered a good 1250km in 3 days. Not bad for someone new to touring. Not bad at all. Looking forward to more motov group rides

No comments:

Odometer: 115000km on the road

Last Updated 25/11/09