Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Penyanbong Ride

The exams were finally over last month, and here i was on what could be the last touring trip on my beloved NSRR150. Yes, i've gotten my class 2A license and am looking at either the SV400 or at worst, CB400. But thats another story.



We went kayaking around this island.


Tweety, Wei Jie and me in our terrorist face masks. Lol! The occasional vehicles that drove by had wide eyed drivers staring at us, as if we were going to steal our own bikes. Nice open country roads to ride by, feeling the breeze on your face, the lush greenery in your sights, and no Singaporean drivers! Wahahaha. The last part is the best.
At night we went chiiling by the jetty that stretched some 50 metres into sea. Thats uncle Johnny distributing "Guah Zhi" or kway zi, whichever way you pronounce it. Staring into the vast blackness at sea, without the container ships that dotted the typical Singapore coastline, I had an empty feeling of liberation, of nothingness. We could have chatted all night, but for the most part we were kinda quiet, the occasional chatter breaking the silence and stillness of the night. The stars were beautiful, covering our whole view. And no, we couldn't see it until we were walking back the jetty. Don't ask me how.




Thats my bike. This is a tribute to it, having spent my most important lessons of riding during my p-plate days on it. So long, my dear friend, small red.

The beach we were doodling around.


Was a little worried this little dinghy would drift out into the sea if a strong current came by. Lol... Considering we went behind the island on the left further out to sea. And 3 champions were brave enought to swim to it!!! Gosh... Bikers...

Wouldn't mind suntanning around here eh?

Full steam ahead! Eh... where's the engine?

All in all, a short overnight trip that was good fun. And plenty of riding in the rain. Only the incident where the truck that exited the corner spilling out a lane full of mud and clay, some as large as my fist gave me a bad scare as i was about to enter the corner. I swear time seemed to slow down, as it was a make or break situation. I kept my nerve and leaned through, and it was a good thing i completed braking before entry. If i had entered the the corner hot, the stuff and the rain could have ended my ride there and then. Sheesh...


Beautiful sunset to end the day. And no, I wasn't lucky enough to see the. Dudu took the picture. Darn! Should have been there.

No comments:

Odometer: 115000km on the road

Last Updated 25/11/09